Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-02-03 Origin: Site
RF connectors are mainly divided into three categories: RF coaxial connectors, RF triaxial connectors, and dual-core symmetrical RF connectors. At the same time, due to the rapid development of modern communication technology, the requirements for frequency radio connectors are becoming more and more refined.
What are the reasons for the electrical performance error of the RF connectors?
How do you look at the development prospects of RF connectors?
What should people do when choosing different types of RF connectors?
1. Due to the geometrical steps and other discontinuities, the characteristic impedance will fluctuate in value.
2. The frequency depends on the radiation, VSWR, and mode changes.
3. Any discontinuity will cause VSWR reflection.
4. RF leakage depends on the design of the outer conductor of the cable and the frequency of use.
5. The insertion loss of the connector is negligible.
6. At the time of cable breakdown voltage, withstand voltage and working voltage depend on D/d.
7. The insulation resistance depends on the insulation material and size.
8. The contact resistance depends on the material properties and contact force.
1. Miniaturization: With the miniaturization of the overall system, the size of the RF connector is getting smaller and smaller, such as SSMB, MMCX, and other series, which are very small.
2. High frequency: The United States HP has introduced RF connectors with a frequency of 110 GHz as early as a few years ago.
3. Multi-function: In addition to the role of a bridge, it also has the functions of signal processing, such as filtering, phase adjustment, frequency mixing, attenuation, detection, amplitude limiting, etc.
4. Low standing wave and low loss: to meet the needs of weapon systems and precision measurement.
5. Large capacity and high power: Large capacity and high power mainly meet the development needs of the information highway.
6. Surface mount: Mainly meet the development needs of SMT technology (surface mount technology), and help simplify the wiring structure design of multilayer printed boards.
When selecting an RF connector, you need to consider the bandwidth required to process the signal used, and then consider the size and mechanical (plug, socket, soldering, panel installation, etc.).
1. Since RF connectors are a test and measurement signal source, the BNC connector is a general option. The BNC bandwidth is above 1 GHz and can be used as a panel-mount socket. Amphenol's 31-221 RFX model BNC socket is a good choice.
2. When selecting connectors for frequency signals exceeding 2.10 GHz, consider using SMA connectors such as Amphenol SV microwave sf2950-6062, or 2.92 mm precision connectors such as Amphenol SV microwave sf1521-60013. The choice may be a trade-off between bandwidth and cost. The bandwidth of the 2.9mm connector is more than twice as much as SMA, but there is a bandwidth advantage, but the cost is approximately three times the latter.
3. If the size is a major specification, the durability of the connector must be considered. For example, the Molex LLC MMCX Jack model 0734152063 corresponds to 500 fitting cycles. Hirose Electric's u-fl-r-smt (10) is small, but can only withstand 30 times. Moreover, there may be a significant difference in cost.
This is how we see the irreplaceable role of RF connectors in our daily lives and industrial production. LenoRF, the pioneer of RF interconnection in China, knows that every application is special. Our knowledgeable employees can find the best solution for each scenario, especially when customized products are required. We work with customers from design to completion to ensure that all technical requirements are met.